Music Theory Pedagogy Online
Music Theory Pedagogy Online is sponsored by the The Gail Boyd de Stwolinski Center for Music Theory Pedagogy at the University of Oklahoma.
Steven Laitz, Director of the Gail Boyd de Stwolinski Center for Music Theory Pedagogy
Jennifer Snodgrass, Assistant Director of the Gail Boyd de Stwolinski Center for Music Theory Pedagogy
In 2010, a collaborative effort was mounted, approval secured, and funding provided by the Gail Boyd de Stwolinski Center for Music Theory Pedagogy at the University of Oklahoma to develop a website that serves as a repository for all things relating to music theory pedagogy.
Journal of Music Theory Pedagogy-Articles
All JMTP articles and all E-journal articles (2013-2017) are available for download from this site at no charge. Please check the articles section to see all content.
Journal of Music Theory Pedagogy-Submissions
Submit articles or resources via our online submission form.
The Gail Boyd de Stwolinski Center at the University of Oklahoma
The Journal of Music Theory Pedagogy is a project of the Gail Boyd de Stwolinski Center for Music Theory Pedagogy at the University of Oklahoma. The Center was established in 1985 to provide an international clearinghouse for information concerning the teaching and learning of music theory. In addition, the Center was established to honor Dr. Gail Boyd de Stwolinski for professional contributions over a 38-year teaching career and, especially, to perpetuate her intense commitment to excellence in teaching. The fundamental purpose of the Gail Boyd de Stwolinski Center is to foster the vital and creative contributions from outstanding teachers of music theory and share that information with the profession. In short, it is our desire to identify and elevate what is good about our profession--and in so doing, improve it.
Steven Laitz, Executive Editor (The Juilliard School)
Journal of Music Theory Pedagogy Editorial Board
- Rebecca Jemian, co-editor (University of Louisville)
- David Thurmaier, co-editor (University of Missouri, Kansas City)
- Melissa Hoag, Reviews editor (Oakland University)
- Daniel Stevens, Resources editor (University of Delaware)
- Mary Arlin (Ithaca College, Emerita)
- David Castro (St. Olaf College)
- Juan Chattah (University of Miami)
- John Check (University of Central Missouri)
- Timothy Chenette (Utah State University)
- Trevor deClercq (Middle Tennesse State University)
- Frank Doyle (Five Towns College)
- Cynthia Gonzales (Texas State University)
- Roger Graybill (New England Conservatory)
- Samantha M. Inman (Stephen F. Austin State University)
- J. Daniel Jenkins (University of South Carolina)
- Stefan Kostka (University of Texas, Austin, Emeritus)
- Greg McCandless (Appalachian State University)
- Sarah Marlowe (Eastman School of Music)
- William Marvin (Eastman School of Music)
- Jan Miyake (Oberlin College Conservatory)
- Joel Phillips (Westminster Choir College of Rider University)
- Nancy Rogers (Florida State University)
- Elizabeth Sayrs (Ohio University)
- Peter Schubert (McGill University)
- Jennifer Shafer (University of Delaware)
- Gordon Sly (Michigan State University)
- Loretta Terrigno (The Juilliard School)
- David Marvel (Rose State College)